I’ve been in a dippy mood of late.
Their form offers so much potential and I’ve been having a grand time playing around with flavours and their combinations.
While this dip takes its base cue from baba ganoush, I wanted to create something that brought to mind the tastes and textures of the Mediterranean.
This is what I came up with.
- Drizzle sweet peppers (4 medium) and aubergines (2 large) with Argan oil (you can substitute this with sesame oil for a similar nutty undertone) and roast until soft.
- Cool the vegetables and process until almost pureed.
- Blend feta (1 round) and marinated sun-dried tomatoes (5 pieces) until combined and add to the processed vegetables.
- Blend dried figs (4 pieces), fresh coriander (1 handful) and two cloves of garlic until almost pureed and stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Add a few spritzes of Argan oil.
- Season with ground coriander, salt and black pepper.
- Stir well to combine.
My quantities are estimates and you can adjust them as you go along.