I made this curry some years back when I was testing a Jamie Oliver self-stirring home-cooker. While prepping for my upcoming food photography workshop, I came across these images in my archives and realised I didn’t get around to blogging the recipe.
It’s a quick dish to put together and any sort of protein would work well in it, not just steak.
Quick Coconut Curry
- 2 TBSP ghee
- 3-5 whole cloves
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp crushed cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 500g steak strips
- salt to taste
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 sliced aubergine
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp gharam masala
- Sauté the spices and paste in the ghee until fragrant. Add the steak/protein and salt to taste.
- Cook until the meat is half-way done, then add the vegetables.
- Once your meat has softened, add the coconut milk, gharam masala and salt again to taste. Bring the curry to a boil.
- Serve in bowls topped with freshly grated coconut and chopped coriander.